SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Triumphs, dissapointments and heartaches

What is my 2014 resolution? ...Well I don't make resolutions! But i have to say 2013 was a year of disappointment, triumphs and heartaches for me.
I am grateful for the support I had for my lake O swim attempt, without the support I got I couldn't do what I achieved! but I am sad and disappointment I couldn't achieve my goal though lack of support I didn't get which helped in postponing my swim.
2013 was full of triumphs with my swimming, achieving a solid 6.5 hour 16km swim in Lake Ontario swim for life, yet failing to meet requirements by some silly rules that say's you have to swim 16km in 6 hours? Something I think is very odd as doing a self challenge should not be timed for the sake of speeding up a challenge? specially when the training done was on course for my predicted challenge time based on my training and goals of finishing, knowing I could finish my challenge in what ever time it would take? I wasn't racing!! ...
 
Anyway on top of the stress of doing all the work to achieve my goal for my challenge and with other matters in my personal life that gave me and are giving me challenges, not to go in details, I simple state I hope things get back to normal and hope for a better 2014 and hope to come back to challenge Lake Ontario in 2015.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment