SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Friday, May 30, 2014

Not an Apology.... I swam 1 mile in 5C water So yes I'm a 1 mile ice swimmer.

I'm just not recognized by the IISA org as a 1 mile ice swimmer.. which is fine I'm not saying I am an IISA 1 mile ice swimmer and won't until I do an official Ice swim as per their rule. But!!

I have been getting some back feed/ flack from the IISA about my Ice swim saying I was irresponsible in my swim for not having proper supervision and support!  And I should apologies for doing so? and amend my blog title as I posted on May 25 2014 about my story of my ice swim, which I won't, I wrote about what I did as it is my story of my event stating the truth.

So in that, I will apologize to IISA as they take their Ice swimming seriously as do I, but I will not apologizing for what I did, as stupid as it was!!

At this time I should mention to other swimmers out there Please! do not do this without proper support and training!  I did the training, cold water training for years! This wasn't a fly by night attempt at ice swimming for me!  Keep this in mind You can die out there! 

I know I didn't write in detail leading up to this ice swim, but I had medicals done before hand, I had ECG done and saw my cardiologist who gave me a green light to do my swim,  telling me I have less than 1% chance of having a cardiac event! and that I am very heart healthy!! And I also knew with the beach festival going on there were paramedics by the beach and many people along the beach should I get in trouble which was a factor in my decision to keep swimming...And I also know my limits, which I felt at this time I was within which I was.

Although IISA won't recognize me as an official 1 mile ice swimmer? (As I said before it doesn't matter to me!) I did a 1 mile swim in 5C water  and am satisfied with that! Was I reckless? Probably!! But I succeeded and am proud of it!

But if you want to be a 1 mile ice swimmer officially with IISA check out the IISA web site for details of rules etc...Do not, I repeat do not attempt Ice swimming without seeing your doctor getting full physical and do your training.

As for me I will continue on what I do with always thinking safety first!

No comments:

Post a Comment