SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Friday, August 2, 2013

12 hour redo swim Monday Aug 5

I'm planning to redo my 12 hour swim from Carthew bay Orillia to Centennial beach Barrie On Monday Aug 5, (which is a civic holiday) and as the weather is looking promising! 

I'm just waiting on some feedback on my call out for some boat supporter as I'm looking for 2 people to spot and drive my Zodiac to support my swim.

I've been swimming every day and might even do the annual across thee Bay race tomorrow (Sat)which the city lifeguards put on in Kempenfelt Bay. It's a 2km diamond loop race and no wetsuits.

My foot that got badly bruised on Sundays attempted swim is still hurting but getting better, the worst part is on top of bruising my Planter fascia I pulled my calf muscle too at the same time which I didn't realize until the next day.

So I've been hobbling the better part of this week but still being able to swim I've put in around 14km this week and got in a good 45km bike ride testing out my foot on the bike for the first time since I hurt my foot.

For the most part I was ok peddling, but when I hit bumps in the road the jarring did hurt my foot. I rode out to ORO Station to pay my parking ticket I got on Sunday for parking my car and trailer by the boat launch at Carthew Bay which I didn't know I had to pay for? I saw the sign and ticket machine after I pulled my parking ticket off my windshield. lol Oh well live and learn!

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment