SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Sunday, August 11, 2013

Just for kicks I swam 4.5k pulling my 300lb zodiac unsupported

Well I couldn't find support for my Carthrew bay to Centennial beach again. It seem everyone I know has their own agenda, most of them are either training for Ironman races or marathons, or whatever? lol.....

So I decided to do the next best thing! Just go out with my Zodiac unsupported and swim pulling my 300lb zodiac half way down the center of Kempenfelt bay just over 4.5km, as well as working the video camera which I duct taped on the bow of the boat which only takes video in 20 min segments so every km I had to reset it by jumping in and out the boat. 

To my surprise it only took me 1:30hrs to swim the 4.5 km including my jumping in and out of the boat resetting my camera, as well as swimming into the current and light winds!

I could have gone longer! .....Maybe next time!! ...but I think i'll need someone to work my camera! ;)  which if I did have someone I wouldn't need to pull the boat swimming and could do my Carthew bay to Barrie swim? lol

Here is the you tube link ....4.5km swim pulling my zodiac

No comments:

Post a Comment