SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Monday, August 5, 2013

No boat support! No 12 hour swim!

I didn't get boat support I needed, so no attempt at a 12hr swim this morning.

So instead I went to Centennial beach this morning with the intent to swim a few hours. I tested the temp of the water and Yikes! 60F 15.5C so I only swam 2k and then I hopped on my bike when I got home and rode off hard to catch the group riding to Wasaga beach this morning which left at 9am. I left my house at 9:20am and I caught them and passed them before Phelpston about a 20km ride from my house and where the second group of riders meet who don't want to ride as long and waited for the first group to arrive. lol   .....Ended riding 95k on the day.

Saturday I did the around the bay 2k race coming in 5th in my age group (40-54) where you guessed it? I was the oldest at 54! Next year I age up and should podium! lol  Seriously I didn't really race, I just swam my regular swim pace as I was gearing up for my 12 hour swim ( which didn't happen today) It was a fun race to do. It was a little ruff  in the middle of the lake as there was a good wind blowing making it wavy

Here is my garmin stats
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/352818563


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment