SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Saturday, April 27, 2013

Big traing block...Pick your poison

So today was suppose to be a nice day and I planned a good training block of Swim 4k bike 90k and maybe put in a short run.....Well? I had a restless night of tossing and turning trying to sleep after work, then when I finally slept I arose a few times in the middle of the night from the sound of rain.  I go back to sleep but all I hear is shhhhhhhhhhh, the sound of rain coming down. 

I was planning to go to Holly pool for the 8am swim to put in a 4k swim before going home and jumping on my bike.....But when it was time to get up at 7am I still hear Shhhhhhhhh sound of the rain coming down and think to myself Damn! I won't be able to ride as I don't ride in the rain unless it's a race, so I figure my bike ride isn't going to happen and I'll just sleep in longer and swim at 12:30pm at the next lane swim time....

Let me back up a bit. First the reason I was planning a big day training was because the weather man on the news said it was going to be a bright sunny warm day, warm by our standards up here in Barrie of 18C, but with the sun out it would be perfect for biking covered up of course!

Anyway as I stated it was raining when I got up! Grrrrrr

So when I finally got up around 9am the rain stopped but was still overcast and cool but after looking at the weather maps it was going to clear and warm up, but to late for me to bike! Soooo I figure i'll swim first then bike after, later in the afternoon.....

Then I remembered there was an Ultra race, Pick your Poison is going on at Horseshoe resort not far from my home maybe 20km away and I had a bunch of friends running in it so I decided I should go up to support and thought I should take Kaiya with me (my daughters dog as she point out after reading this)  then when I get back I could swim then bike....

I'm telling you it was a mistake taking the dog with me, she was just to distracting to everyone including the racers who would stop and say what a beautiful dog she is! lol 

Anyhow, I took a lot of pic's and cheered my friend and the dog enjoyed the attention! When we got home she was exhausted  and slept all afternoon in the backyard!lol

Now it was time for swimming!...Oops, it was to late for swimming when we got back. Oh well i'll just go and bike!...Hum! the weather was nice the sun was shining but I had a chill in me from standing and cheering my friends at the race, but it wasn't really that warm for my liking, about 16C  so I didn't ride! instead I made some nice warm cream of mushroom soup and toast to warm me up then took a nap watching TV. lol

Now I'm watching the leafs vs Montreal game as it's getting dark out.....

Oh well! Tomorrow the weather forecaster say's it's going to be another nice day so I can swim, bike and run tomorrow! ;)

Some pic's from today...











:)

No comments:

Post a Comment