SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Let the sun....

Let the sun shine! finally some nice sunny weather to get out running and riding....

Yes I know this blog is supposed to be about swimming lake Ontario, but it's also about my journey on how I accomplish the 52k swim come July 28TH,  but like me, I sure as hell you would get bored of the same thing day in and day out, Swim to the wall turn and swim back, I need more! I need to ride! I need to run! I need to just move my body! and having the warmth of the sun shining energizes me to do so!

I know the rules of the game and the game is to swim 52km across lake Ontario and my job is to be a fit as possible to accomplish this goal.  I know I need to swim and swim long and to train my slow twitch swim muscles for the journey, but at the same time I know I need to build my cardio. It's a balancing act which I have to balance life, work and training to succeed.

Most who know me, know I don't play by the rules. Some have gone as far as saying I am a bit ADHD! and others have said I'm a nut! maybe all true, but in the end of the day my techniques work and I get the job done in what ever I do! I'm old school, and old school is about being practical, logical and smart.

Whether it's taking on nutrition by eating stroopwafels or chugging down some Go Jo juice? ( my own concoction energy drink) whether I go dig holes in my backyard or run up stairs with a 50lb bag of garbage over my shoulder at work? Sports fitness is not like brain surgery, it's about getting out and moving, getting the heart pumping while having fun! If it's work then it becomes a problem, specially for me, I'm not a professional looking to win a race, I'm not about winning, I'm about getting it done! And getting it done I do!

So today with the sun shining I went out for a run in my shorts feeling the warmth of the sun on my face putting a fuzzy warm feeling in my heart, not to mention getting the heart rate up as well as getting some hurt in my legs followed by a short but hard TT bike ride to get this old body of mine in the best possible shape while having fun for my journey to swim across lake Ontario.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment