SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wednesday's swim was good putting in a solid 1.5hrs swim. I had some surprise swimmers show up near the end of my swim! My good friends Louise McGonigall and Dave Watts ( both AG winners at at Ironman races and Kona Ironman championships ) showed up for a swim! I haven't seen either in at least a year and both are looking great! They both age up this year ( Louise 70years and Dave 75 ) so they are both training for and racing Mont tremblant this summer to take their spots on the podium! ;)  BTW when I say train, I mean train! they both can kick my butt on the bike as good a rider I am, not to mention run! but I suck at running as you know! but I smoke them on the swim! lol   as I chatted with them they offered to keep me company on some open water swims in Orr lake close to their home in Elmvale. So I'm hoping to see more of them!

Another of my long lost friends showed up  at the pool too! Sylvia S .... this swim turned out to be a social event! lol

Today I took my run outside as it was warmish, Oh did I mention we had snow last night?!! Just a dusting but still enough to cover the ground to show how cold it still it at night! Grrrr!  But good news!! starting Saturday we will be back to normal day time highs around 18C and it's supose to stay normal throughout the week, Yay!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment