SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Tuesday, May 21, 2013

 This May long weekend was great and not so great. I started the weekend Saturday with a great group bike ride of 50km with the group and then added another 10km riding to and from the start point of the group ride for a total of 60km. Then spent the rest of my day puttering around the house.

Saturday I wanted to get a good start out for a ride out to Wasaga beach with a couple of friends for another 90km ride., But the not so great was I washed my bike shorts getting ready for the ride to Wasaga and hung them up to dry on the close line and when I went to grab them to wear for my ride I found them all shredded!! ....My dog Kaiya pulled them off of the close line and ripped them apart!

My shredded bike shorts courtesy of Kaiya.....
 
Ohhh, I was not happy!!.......


So I had to ride in regular shorts which wasn't so bad with my gel bike seat, but still not as comfortable as with bike shorts, which I have to buy a new pair now.

On top of losing my bike shorts I was feeling the effect of severe allergies, with a burning throat and tightness in breathing as well as a horse throat but physically strength wise I felt fine, except for the coughing of phlegm out of my throat and lungs from breathing in all the blooming flowering trees and their pollen.  lol

The ride went well and the weather was perfect and warm, just the way I like it! except for the smell of the blooming lilacs which was burning my throat, and finished the ride in just a little over 3 hours of bike time for just over 90km

When I got home I went to see Kaiya  in the yard resting in the shade as it was in the 80'sF  so I got out her favorite toy! the lawn hose and cooled her down while playing with her.

Kaiya playing with the water hose to cool off.
 Isn't she cute! how can I stay mad at her! ...
 
 
The group I rode with Saturday wanted to ride out to Wasaga on the Holiday Monday.  So again I went out with them for my third straight bike ride and second 90km in two day, again riding in just over 3hrs for 90km in hot humid weather in the 80'sF I loved it! and to my surprise my legs were feeling fine with a total of 250km of riding over this weekend!.....Not really because I have been training for my lake swim after all. ;)  lol
 
I was feeling good after the ride Monday except for my allergies which were getting worse, but the weather was nice and warm so I wanted to try a quick dip in the lake, as you saw in the video I posted yesterday which I quickly found out it will be another week or so before I can do some serious open water swimming there.
 
All in all it was a great weekend of training, taking some time off from my swimming for some recovery and to add some fitness with some solid cross training with biking,...... Just not so great with my bike shorts being shredded or these darn allergies! Cough wheeze hack cough cough! stupid tree pollen!  lol
 
 
 
 
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment