SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ruff Week

It's been a ruff week battling this virus with continuous coughing, hacking and wheezing all day long and worse at night, which started last Sunday with symptoms starting on Saturday. 

One week later I still have phlegm and coughing, and my lungs hurt with each cough feeling like they are bruised, but the coughing is becoming lest frequent which is a good sign!

I haven't done any training as a result, just resting and drinking fluids to ride this virus out.  I still feel strong physically not losing much fitness and I think I may have lost a few pound to, which is a good thing! lol ...I actually feel strong, I just can't breath is the problem! lol

In a way I think getting this virus is my bodys way of saying, "hey I need some time off  from training and for some needed recovery and healing"  Where my body's immune systems been compromised by being over worked, letting in this virus to shut me down! I know it sounds silly, but no one else in my family is sick, .....but then again? no one in my family have been getting close to me! lol

So for now I'm going to take the rest of this weekend off before starting back in the pool Monday and see how much fitness I've lost....or not! ......and continue building my swim fitness to ensure my goal of swimming across lake Ontario is complete!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment