SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Sunday, June 9, 2013

Swam 600 m in 50F water

Yesterday was bike day and rode 75km. Today I ran down to the lake around 5k and Jumped into the lake for a short but long 600m swim in 50F 10C  waters of Kempenfelt Bay! I was truly amazed at how the body adapts to the cold water after the initial shock, It's all mind over matter and stay cool literally! lol just keep calm and stroke. I kept to the shallows in case something happened so I could stand if needed.  I didn't want to push myself either, so I only swam the length of the beach and back for 600m. NOw time for some hot coffee!!

My garmin stats....
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/325166318

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment