SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Monday, June 24, 2013

Swelling in forearm??

So what were the after affects of my 6 hour swim?  Surprisingly I felt good Sunday except for some swelling on my right forearm and a pain in my right shoulder and took the day off resting them so I didn't swim.

So, what might cause the swelling in my upper forearm behind my thumb?  The only thing I could think of that might cause it is the fact that my middle finger which I can't use or bend because Of an accident I had 18 years ago when I had it cut off by a punch press and surgically re-attached had to be the factor.  My thought is that with the way I stroke, which I now realize I pull my hand not only down, but as I push I give a flick and side twist off the end of the stroke, plus with the water resistance pushing on my finger as I'm pushing tightens up the tendon along my forearm repetitively giving my tendon a workout it's not used to. If you look at my profile pic up top you will see my hand in the twisty flick away position with my crooked finger as I come around on my stroke.

I also had a tight muscular pain in my right shoulder by the end of my six hour swim which I think I tweaked because of swimming harder into the wind and waves on the way back.  My right arm that night was just dead and throbbing, but nothing that a few ice packs couldn't cure. 

Today my arm and shoulder are allot better but decided not to test them out in the water, so I biked an hour and ran 20min.


:)



No comments:

Post a Comment