SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Friday, June 21, 2013

Swimming long

Training is going good with solid workouts daily this week.

Today I took out the Zodiac with Joanne to show her how to run it and the route i want to swim tomorrow. We went out about 4k then came back, but about 1k off shore I jumped in and swam back to the beach with Joanne in support along my side driving the zodiac,...she done good! ;)

Tomorrow (Saturday)  I'll be swimming long. My plan is to swim from Centennial Beach out along the North shore of Kempenfelt Bay about 3 hours towards Orillia and back with  both Zack ( my coach ) and Joanne in support on the Zodiac and to practice my feedings which I plan on doing about every 30 min along the way.

Hopefully I will make the round trip 6 hour swim to ease my mind knowing I can swim the distance, which will be my longest swim ever and be better prepared for my official 6hr trial swim which will be July 8  in front of my swim master who decides if I get to swim across lake Ontario based on my preformance on the trial swim. ......

Wish me luck!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment