SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 27

So much for my swim today!

I forgot there is a swim meet going on at my pool this weekend and so?... I shall not swim this weekend.

That said, Tomorrow is the Barrie Winter-fest Polar bear swim at Centennial beach and as usual for over 10 years now.  I will again be the first one to jump in as I have done over the past 4-5 years and hopefully get on CTV news again and maybe get another plug in for my Lake Ontario swim?

Last year I went in first with Jennifer Robinson (Five time Canadian figure skating Champion)  as I let her in line with me being the celebrity she is, as I was first in line to go in and I over heard her talking to the man in charge (Brad McConnel; who is on my team for my Lake Ontario swim) and she wanted to go first, so I waved her over to go with me being the nice guy I am.

This is a pic of last year. I'm in the water at the bottom right watching as Jennifer twists.
 As it stands, I don't know if we will be going in the water from the ice this year ? Normally they cut a hole in the ice for us to jump in, but as we still had open water as of last Tuesday because of this mild winter, then a cold snap since, the lake  only had a thin layer of ice, so they might have to break up a path of the thin ice to clear the area for a run in and dunk, which will be a first for this event? Is this a result of Global warming? Either way the water is still DAMN COLD!! lol  I'll have a full report of the Polar bear dip tomorrow.

In the mean time,..... Today's training was biking for 30 min and weights.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment