SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow day and rest

It was a dark and stomy day......lol

Snowmageddon!!  first major snow storm in about 3 years dropping around 2.5 feet or more of snow. Needless to say I took a snow day off work as there is no way i could drive in this mess specially when i have a 90k commute!

After snow-blowing my driveway I went to the pool, which was no easy feet driving with the heavy snow covered roads. I only swam 1000m recovery swim as my arms are still tired from yesterdays workout. But I must say my swim was smooth and effortless!

I barely got home, almost getting stuck only 100m from my driveway, but with patients and backing up and forward I finally got to the safe haven of my plowed driveway which needed to be snow-blown again.....

Then the city snow-plough came by, plowing a massive amount of snow banks in front of all the drives-ways, except mine! lol. 

As I stood there with my snow-blower idling, waiting for him to plough our court, he was kind enough to push the snow away from my drive-way and into the middle of the court, as my house is the last house in the court if you drive counter clockwise, and normally if he were to plow around I would get the brunt of the snow banks pushed into my drive-way.

Then he proceeded to plough in all my neighbours driveway's with 4 foot snow banks! lol. I waved to him thanking him and he waved me back! .....What a nice driver! :)

The third time I went out to snow-blow, I saw neighbours shoveling, and there is alot of snow!!  so I took my snow-blower over and helped them out, I ended up clearing five neighbours driveway's, because that's the way I am! ;)


Kaiya is enjoying the snow!



Here is the Barrie CTV coverage of the Winterfest polar bear dip from last Sunday as promised....

Barrie Winterfest CTV coverage of Polar dip


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment