SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Bowl Weekend

I didn't get much swimming in but did manage to go for a lake swim at the Annual Barrie Winterfest Polar bear dip. I wasn't first this time, a couple of young girls beat me to the front of the line and I came out an hour early! lol

Well there was Ice! I was really surprised as there was open water only 5 day earlier, but it wasn't strong enough to let people on being only 2-3 inches, The firemen cut a large hole and people were only allowed to go in a couple at a time as spectators watched from shore..... It turns out there were over 180 people who took the plunge.

I also got on the CTV Barrie news with them interviewing me and mentioning that I'm doing the Lake-O swim as they showed me jumping in doing a double twist into the chilly water! I'll post that up later when I get time.

In the mean time,  here is my own video of me going in on You tube

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1MB_SN_ig

And I of course watched all the Superbowl shows and game afterwards to finish off my Sunday. :)
Today's workout

3000m swim.

20min diving.

30min weights.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment