SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tuesday totals

After a hard day lugging furniture around and working my machines i managed to get to the pool for a good 1.75 hour swim.

My plan was after my short bike ride on my bike trainer at home I would head out to the rec center for the 8:15 - 9:15pm  lane swim.

I left my house to go to the gym first for 6:30 to do some running and weights, ( not that I needed to  do weights? as with all the lifting I did today at work was equivalent to lifting 50lb kettle bells doing around 200 reps!! lol ) ...anyway as I get to the pool and I see it is open for public swim with a lane open for lane swimming, so I decided forget the running! I'll jump in the pool instead and get more then my planned 1hr swim!

I start swimming lengths with heavy arms due to all my lifting today but one I warmed up I felt better. I swam steady for 40 min, then the lifeguard tells me they are closing down the lane for aqua fit class which goes on for 45 min before they open up the lanes for lane swimming at 8:15pm...

So I decide I'll just stay in the pool head out to the deep end and pretend I'm doing aqua fit with the class.  I was doing my own version of aqua fit in the deep end while class was going on.

I mostly did water running, then some stationary hard kicking and arm waving workouts while treading and bobbing in the deep end the whole time. I treaded and bobbed my workout for the full 45 min until lane swim started up and then swam lengths another 20min before calling it a day!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment