SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Change of schedule....

No not for my swim across lake Ontario, but my work schedule!

Yes I'm working days now, and not liking getting up a 5am.  I leave my house by 5:30 to get to work for 6:30am, put in 8 hours of hard labor, then drive home  which takes me longer. Blah! then I go down to the lake for a swim and by the time I'm back I get to eat, then I'm back in bed by 10pm to start all over again. again Blah!

Yesterday after I got home from work I went down to the lake for an hour swim which I found very tiring after all the heavy lifting I did at work, but I cross it all off to cross training! you'd be suprized at how tiring lifting and moving around 200 20lbs desk all day is.

I got to the beach and took the temp then jumped in for my swim. There was a fairly strong cross current during my swim with the wind blowing in the warm water, but on the bright side the water temp finally broke 70F, making for a nice swim, but that will soon change as the wind changes again. lol

Today's plan is to go and look at the lake after work today....I'm beat! ...this is tough training after work specially when i'm not used to it!  but I'm sure when I get to the lake I will jump in for an hour.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment