SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Monday, July 1, 2013

One week until trial swim

Some good training this long weekend, I did a 3hr bike Sat, Then went to pick up my motor that I took in to marine mechanic Larry to do a little tweaking as it was stalling when in low. When I got there Larry said we have a problem? I said what! He said it was running perfectly then it just quit, he checked everything out and it wasn't producing voltage and narrowed it down to the voltage regulator and he ordered a new one from Honda, but it won't be fixed until Wednesday. I said, how much is this going to cost me? Larry said there will be no charge because he guaranteed the motor he sold me and he will take the loss. What a good guy! After that I went for a swim, water temp 18C but windy and wavy so I didn't swim long.

Sunday I went down and planned on a long swim the water temp was 18C but only did 1 hour as it was really windy with 3 ft swells and 2 foot high waves, it made for a tough swim specially swimming diagonally to the waves.

Today the water  was  colder at 16C 61F, still windy and wavy, but not as bad as Sunday but swimming naked for 1 1/2 hrs diagonally to the waves and wind  and in 16C sure make for some good cold water training!

One week today Monday the 8th I will be heading down to Niagara on the lake, Lake Ontario for my 6 hour trial swim with my swim master Shaun on his fathers (Tony)  boat and Joanne and Zack.  I won't have any swim pacers at this time so we are only going with the one boat along the south shore of Lake Ontario by NOTL where Shaun will oversee my swim and watch how I feed and how I look after the 6 hours to OK my swim across lake Ontario on July 28.

Happy Canada day!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment