SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Saturday, July 27, 2013

Preparing for Lake Simcoe 12 hour swim

Well I'm keeping a watch on the first swimmer Kim Lumsdon to achieve her goal of swimming across Lake Ontario as I get ready for my not lake Ontario swim as planned but Lake Simcoe instead! ....Next year!!

Anyhow, Kim 56 years old and has swum the lake twice before once in 1976 and a second time in 2006 this time she is attempting to be the oldest woman to make the crossing and set off last night about 9pm and is 16 hours into her swim and looks strong according to the spot tracker.

Go Kim Go!

Meanwhile I'm getting all the last minute details for my swim ready like, food for me on my swim and food for crew.  A nice picnic lunch for them of sub sandwiches drinks and snacks, and energy drink stroopwafels banana's, gummies and other snacks for me. I'm getting my gear prepped and Zodiac ready, plus getting my Crew support in order as I had some of my original crew bale on me for personal reasons. But I have lots of friends and I am lucky so I have my crew set!

My crew will be Nathan Brooks, Ted Read and Joanne in the Zodiac and we will have Teds kayak tethered to the zodiac  so they can take turns on it if they like to lead me along the way.

I have been told that some of my friends will kayak out from Centennial beach in Barrie to lead us back the last 4-6k or 2-3 hours to my projected finish that will be cool!

Our plan is to meet at my house for 5am, I'll have all the gear and food ready on board of the Zodiac and we will tie the kayak on top and I'll drive all of us to Carthew Bay to launch the Zodiac and get ready for a 6am start!

It's looking like there may be showers to start out, but the weather calls for clearing mid morning and a nice day later so as long as it's not to windy all looks good!

If all goes to plan I should make it to Centennial beach (approx 28-30kms)   hopefully under 12 hours.

Wish me luck!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment