SWIM FOR RVH

THE CHALLENGE...
Josef Polcz Swims to beat and concour Lake Ontario ( postponed )
To Swim 52km across Lake Ontario from Niagara On The Lake (NOTL) to Toronto's Marilyn Bell Park (MBP)
SWIM FOR LIFE.... Josef Polcz Swims 52km across Lake Ontario to raise money for RVH Cancer Center...
Dedicated to my mother Catherina Polcz, and all Cancer survivors.

(Start time pending weather)


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 10

My longest swim to date!

As I was entering the pool  from the change room I ran into Zack Hurd,( my swim coach for my Lake-O swim) as he walk by me he gave me some great advise! He told me to have a good swim! ;)

Today's swim was good! Thanks Zack!!  I swam my first 2000m warm up in 38min and continued on to swim the second 2000m warm down in 38min....I thought I might go on and swim another 1000m more to reach 5k, but I didn't want to push my distance to fast, there is always Friday's swim for that! ;)

I had some company in the pool today! Genevieve Blais, who will be one of my swim pacers on my Lake - O swim, showed up to do a swim workout.  It was nice to see her out! :)

Oh, back to my swim! ...So I did my straight 4k swim in 1:16hrs I felt good! I almost felt like going out and continue with a 180km bike and 26.2 marathon after to complete a full Ironman!!..if the weather was good? lol .....

Man!  I can't wait until I'm fit to do some longer swims!...In the mean time I'll just keep plugging away! ; )


Oh, in other news!! I got a e-mail back for the Amazing race Canada, thanking me for sending in a new video and wished me good luck!! ....How cool is that! :)


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment